If your case results from a border stop, federal authorities have jurisdiction. This brings unique challenges because U.S. Attorneys from the U.S. Department of Justice oversees prosecution.
You also face severe penalties under federal law, including mandatory minimum sentences of 5 and 10 years for drug trafficking if you are caught with the following amounts:
- Heroin: 5 years for 100 g and 10 years for 1 kg
- Powder cocaine: 5 years for 500 g and 10 years for 5 kg
- Cocaine base (crack): 5 years for 28 g and 10 years for 280 g
- Marijuana: 5 years for 100 kg and 10 years for 1,000 kg
- Methamphetamine (pure): 5 years for 5 g and 10 years for 50 g
- Methamphetamine (mixture): 5 years for 50 g and 10 years for 500 g
Whether you face state or federal charges, we can overcome the challenges, and our Yuma drug crime attorney doesn’t back down without a fight. Negotiating with the opposition can frequently lead to positive results, but we aren’t about to give up when zealous prosecutors refuse to be reasonable. You can be certain that we will go to trial and fight for you if that’s what it takes to protect your rights.
Contact Us for a Free Defense Consultation
The Law Office of Phil Hineman, P.C. believes in acting quickly to see that no opportunities are missed. If you’ve been arrested on drug charges in Yuma, the Phoenix metro area, or the surrounding communities in Arizona, we are here to help.